PADI Freediver Course
- Duration: 15 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Santa Catalina, Veraguas
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course with us at Panama Dive Center is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
Prerequisites: To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
This two-day course includes:
1. Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch™ and an instructor-led workshop to learn breath hold techniques.
2. Confined water sessions to practice static apnea (goal 90 seconds) rescue skills and dynamic apnea (goal 25 metres/80 feet).
2. Two open water sessions in Coiba National Park to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy and safety procedures (depths between 10 and 16 meters/30 and 100 feet).
Includes: rental gear, ebook, online certification